The winner of the Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge 2011 is Andy Griffiths! His winning recipe was The Margadale Dram
THE MARGADALE DRAM
- 60 ml Bunnahabhain 12 year-old Scotch
- 20 ml Sweet Vermouth
- Fresh Yellow Capsicum (shredded)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Angostura Aromatic Bitters
Stir firmly and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a drunken fresh oyster.
And congratulations to all the other contestants!
- Kurt Schlechter – Africa
- Norsalinah binti Syed Osman – Asia
- Jamaal Bowen – The Caribbean
- Wolfgang Mayer – Europe
- Yangdup Lama – India
- Michael Schaus – North America
- Mariano Ramirez – South America
- Daniyel Jones – Trinidad and Tobago
Jackie and I had a wonderful time meeting everyone, and the wonderful people of Trinidad. Hope to see you all soon, or next year at the 2012 Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge.
For more information on the 2012 Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge, check our website at www.bartender.com, or our Facebook: BARTENDER MAGAZINE.
And don’t forget the first prize winner walked off with TEN THOUSAND US DOLLARS.